The 5K starts on Millbrook Dr in Arlington, MA and quickly turns right on Mill St, followed by another quick right on Mass Ave. The race continues on Mass Ave for over a mile until a right turn on Lowell St. At the five-way intersection, the course turns sharply right on Bow St. Just past Taylor Rental, runners enter the Minuteman Bikeway and continue on the path until Mill St. A quick right on Mill St and right on Millbrook Dr. leads runners back to the finish area. View the course map.
There is no parking available behind Arlington High School due to the race set-up. Please park in one of the Arlington Town lots, Department of Public Works lot, or on a side street. We ask that you do not park on Mass Ave. heading toward Lexington as our 5K runners will need all of the space we can give them! Parking on the Cambridge-bound side of Mass Ave. is fine. Please take the time to review the best places to park.
Race Day Schedule
Sunday, May 12
7:00 – 7:30 am: 5K Bib Pick-Up
7:00 – 7:15 am: Kids’ Fun Run Bib Pick-Up
7:10 am: Kids’ Fun Run Warm Up – high school softball field
7:30 am: Kids’ Fun Run – high school softball field
7:50 am: 5K Line Up – starting line on Millbrook Dr.
8:00 am: 5K Start
8:00 – 10:00 am: Race Expo
8:00 – 9:30 am: Kids’ Activities – high school softball field, including activities by Knucklebones
3:00 – 7:00 pm
Location to be confirmed
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Location to be confirmed
7:00 – 7:30 am
Race Start/Finish Area
Millbrook Drive (behind AHS)
- Come to the race expo to meet some of the non-profits chosen by our 5K runners and to thank our local business sponsors for supporting the race!
- Receive your Cause + Event Boston 5K medal!
- We will have food and drinks and hope you stick around to enjoy the post-race festivities!
- Stop by for a special Mother’s Day treat and craft project for kids!
- Kids’ race registration is from 7:00 – 7:15 am. You must be pre-registered to participate in the race, but there are plenty of other activities for kids that are not registered.
- . We will run heats by age, with longer distances for older kids. Once around the bases of the softball field for the youngest kids and once around the entire softball field for the older kids.
- We offer a variety of outdoor activities for our youngest spectators on the softball field, starting at 8am!
For the Spectators
- Spectators can watch the race at the start and finish or any other point along the course, including Mass Ave.
- Encourage them to stop by the sign table at the race expo to make a sign to cheer you on.
We couldn’t do this race without the amazing support of our sponsors. Please be sure to visit them at the expo.
We are excited to have so many great community partners participate in Cause + Event each year. Learn more about our opportunities for non-profits.